There is always a time when you feel lazy to prepare dinner, but don’t want to serve instant noodle for your darling hubby & kids. I always stock Japanese noodle in the house like Soba & Udon because they are so versatile to make with only few ingredients & will go along with any veggies. You can serve them hot or cold , dry or with soup. For this recipe I only put celery & bell pepper since thats the only veggies I had in the fridge.
- 2 pkg of soba noodle. I use organic soba but you can use any kind of soba of your choice.
- 1 celery sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs low salt soy sauce
- 1 tbs worcheister sauce
- 2 tbs tonkatsu sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
How to :
- Cook the soba noodle according to the package instructions
- For the sauce, combine low salt soy sauce, worcheister sauce, tonkatsu sauce & brown sugar in a bowl and light whisk.
- Put the vegetable oil in heated pan. Sauté the garlic but not long because it will burn. Add the celery and bell pepper cook until soften.
- Add the prepared soba and give it a toss.
- Pour the sauce into the pan, and give a toss to coat the noodles. Stir fry about 2 minutes and turn of the heat.
- Serve in a plate or bowl. Sprinkles sesame seeds. Serve while hot.
If you a spicy fan like me you also add some chilli powder or oil to give it a kick ..yummm!